The Positive Philosophy Society of P. G. Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh organized an event on “Teacher’s Day” on 3rd September, 2014. The details of the function are given below:
- Kanchan coordinated the function and discussed the importance of the programme. The programme started with an address by Ms. Shavnam Khan, she introduced students about the objectives of the society.
- Nidhi (Editor) introduced the objectives and content of student-magazine “SOPHIA”. She also informed students that the magazine will be issued on two special occasion’s viz., Teacher’s Day (5th September) and World Philosophy Day (Third Thursday of November of every year). Ms. Nidhi inaugurated it with other associate members and distributed the same to all students of philosophy. Ex-students of philosophy Ms. Manju Chauhan, Ms. Rajni Bala and Ms. Neha Choudhary interacted with new students.
- The following students were selected for the working committee for the session 2014-15 and the ID Cards were distributed to them by Ex-students of the philosophy departments: President: SHAVNAM (BA-III, 1150), Vice-President: ARNIKA YUMNAM (BA-II, 10144), Secretary : MANISHA JOSHI (BA-I, 266/14). Associate Members: SRISHTI SHARMA (BA-III, 1704), SANDEEP KAUR (BA-II, 10023), ROSHNI (BA-I, 429/14), NIDHI SEMWAL (BA-I, 158/14), Editor (Sophia: Student Magazine): NIDHI (BA-III,1234), Class Representatives: Jasveer Kaur (BA-III, 1087). Sharandeep Kaur (BA-II, 10039), Kanika Mehta (BA-I, 602/14), Neha (BA-I, 776/14).
- Neha Choudhary, Ms. Shavnam and Ms. Arnika Yumnam honoured for their excellent score in BA.Final, BA Second and BA First Year examinations (2013-2014) respectively.
- Teacher-Incarge, Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal also inaugurated a new student study material page : Elements of Philosophy (http://philgcg11chd.wordpress.com) , which is developed according to the new syllabus of semester system and he also motivated students to do best in their academics and to create an attitude to learn more. He encouraged students to write and explore their thinking through creative initiatives.
- On this, occasion a welcome party too given to B.A. First year students by senior students. They also participated in several activities organized by senior students. All the C.R.s of all classes and students enjoyed the function. A special thanks to Ms. Rajni Bala, Ms. Manju Chauhan, Ms. Kanchan, Ms. Neha, Ms. Nidhi and other students for their valuable efforts and contributions to made this event successful.
Date: 4th September, 2013 Dr.Desh Raj Sirswal
Link to the latest issue of Sophia: